Monthly Progress Report
A.List of Activities accomplished in the month
|1||FCHV Training at Jorpati Health Post||Conducted on 4th Feb 2021||Conducted on World Cancer Day|
|2||Screening camp at AMDA Nepal Office||Conducted on 27th Feb 2021|
|3||Coordination with Focal Person of Health Department of Gokarneswore Nagarpalika||Conducted on 7th Feb 2021|
|4||Procurement of Medical Equipment||Technical Evaluation is on progress|
B. Narrative Summary of Activities and Key Findings
- FCHV Training
The training was intended for Female Community Health Volunteers (FCHV).The total number of FCHV participants were 33 and provide participant with:
- an introduction about cancer and aboutmost common cancer in Nepal
- briefed about breast and cervical cancer, and the incidence and highly impacted age group
- causes, risk factors, sign and symptoms, diagnosis method, preventive measures, treatment
- Importance of screening, key notes that need to done before screening and its benefits as well.
2.Screening Camp at Amda OfficeThis was a one day event conducted on 27th February 2021 at AGWC, Amda Office, Jorpati. The camp was executed from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. A total of 12 team members comprising of doctors, nursing staffs, clinic aid, volunteers and project staffs (see section I form, complete list of team members) were mobilized for the camp administration and service delivery. The event was targeted to women between 30 to 65 years of age. A total of 45 women attended the camp and benefitted from the screening services for the breast and cervical cancer.
The activities undertaken in the camp have been listed in the points below in a sequential manner.
- Registration of clients was undertaken.
- Written informed consent was taken from the clients in the consent form.
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Forms were filled which included personal details, medical history, family history and detail on procedure conducted and findings.
- Blood pressure and height of the clients were measured and recorded.
- Cervical cancer screening was performed through visual inspection of the cervix with acetic acid (VIA).
- After the cervical cancer screening, clinical examination of breast was performed for breast cancer screening.
- The findings from both the cervical and breast cancer screening was disseminated by the medical team with necessary health information and counseling.
- Those women who were screened positive (VIA positive and suspected lump in the breast) in the screening tests were referred to the Teaching Hospital for confirmatory diagnosis and prompt treatment.
|SN||Name of the Team||Designation||Organization||Remarks|
|1||Dr. YP Singh||Consultant||TUTH|
|2||Dr. Neebha Ojha||Consultant||TUTH|
|4||Dr.Aakriti Yadav||MS Resident||TUTH|
|5||Dr. Neha Singh||MO|
|6||Neela Kayastha||Nursing Officer||TUTH|
|10||Kalpana Khadka||Clinic Aid||TUTH|
|11||Tika Prasad Aryal||CA||AMDA|
II. Service Details Age Group wise :
|SN||Age Group of Clients||Total Registered Clients||Breast Cancer Serviced Clients||Cervical Cancer Serviced Clients||Remarks|
|3||40- 44 years||12||12||12|
III. Outcomes from the Screening Client
|SN||Cervical Cancer Screened Client||Breast Cancer Screened Client||Referred To||Remarks|
|1||1 client was referred for USG Pelvis and plan for polypectomy||14 Benign lump identified Referred for Mammogram
1 Suspicious lump
|2||1 client -VIA positive||30 clients were Suggested for Mammogram||Teaching Hospital(TUTH)|
|3||1 client referred for USG due to infection||Nepal Medical College (NMC)|
|4||1 client referred for Urine R/E||Nepal Medical College (NMC)|
|5||3 client referred for further checkup||Teaching Hospital(TUTH)|
3.Coordination with Focal Person of Health Department of Gokarneswore NagarpalikaOn 2nd Feb 2021, coordination was done with Hari Psd Upadhaya Sir regarding FCHV training on breast and cervical cancer screening program and its importance to the community people. Discussed the program schedule and dissemination content to FCHV of Jorpati area. Likewise, for the screening camp at AMDA office, meeting was conducted with health unit team on 15th and 21st Feb for the needed support during camp conduction and to disseminate the information to community people.
4. Procurement of Medical Equipment
As per the standard policy of procurement procedure, tender notice for the supplies namely mammogram, USG machine and Colposcopy was published on 6th Feb 2021 and on 24th Feb 2021 submitted tender was opened. Further now, it has been sent for the technical evaluation. As soon the technical evaluation will be completed, among all the best quality of equipment one of them will be selected based on their quotation and supplies will be ordered from the selected vendor by the end of April 2021.
C. Lesson Learned
- Coordination with municipality and local health facilities was instrumental in generating demands and ensuring the successful implementation of the camp.
- Experienced team from different department had enhanced the quality of service with good team work during the screening camp day. It helped to conduct camp in a systematic and smooth way.
D. Plan for Next Month (MARCH)
|SN||Planned Activities||Planned Date||Remarks|
|1||FCHV Training at Gokarna Primary Hospital||On 23rd March 2021|
|2||Screening Camp at AMDA Nepal Office||On 13th March 2021|
|3||Screening Camp at Jorpati HP||On 20th March 2021|
|4||Screening Camp at Gokarna Primary Hospital||On 27th March 2021|
|5||Procurement Plan of Purchasing Medical Equipment’s namely Mammogram, USG machine and Colposcopy||By the end week of April 2021|